Peter V. Hasbrouck
- Divorce & Child Custody Modifications
- Business & Tort Litigation
- Construction Litigation & Arbitration
- Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Restrictive Covenants & Trade Secrets
- Non-solicitation & Confidentiality Enforcement & Challenges
- Contract Disputes
Awards & Achievements
- Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite Recognition for 2016-2017 in General Practice/Trial Law
- Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Peer Review Highest Rating
- Atlanta Magazine Super Lawyer 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- J.D., 1985, Emory University School of Law
- Graduate Studies, 1981, London School of Economics
- B.A., 1981, University of Rochester
Pete’s excellent record in fighting for fairness in complex commercial litigation cases and successfully navigating sensitive domestic issues speaks for itself. The majority of Pete’s clients are referrals from existing clients and other attorneys, which further highlights his outstanding character, work ethic and devotion he shows to those he represents. Whether it’s family law, a business dispute, a case involving the enforcement of or challenge to a restrictive covenant, non-solicitation or confidentiality agreement, or a shareholder or partner dispute involving publicly or closely held companies, Pete has made a name for his level headed expertise in these areas.
A native of Hamburg, New York, a suburb of Buffalo, Pete became interested in the legal profession while supporting the congressional campaign of Representative Jack Kemp, and then after college as an administrative assistant to the Honorable Martin Stevens, a Member of Parliament in London, England. Before the formation of MHS, Pete was a partner with the firm Decker & Hallman, P.C. Pete has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Fugees Family, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization devoted to refugee children survivors of war, is an Elder at the First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta, and active member of the Lawyers Club of Atlanta and Atlanta Bar Association.
- Has tried intra-state, cross state and cross continental custody cases both in original divorce actions and in modification actions.
- Has tried over 100 domestic cases involving all issues (custody, child support, alimony, valuation of and equitable division of the marital estate, and attorney’s fees).
- Has filed and defended numerous actions involving domestic violence and temporary protective orders.
- Has successfully represented parties involving high assets and marital estate valuations.
- Practical and pragmatic, Pete is always looking out for his client’s best interests and to be a good steward of his client’s finances.
Business Torts and Shareholder Disputes:
- Pete is one of the preeminent legal experts in the state of Georgia in the area of wrongful dissolution of partnerships. See the representative cases of Arford v. Blalock, 199 Ga. App. 434 (1991); Jordan v. Moses, 291 Ga. 39 (2012).
- Represented multiple claimants in a multi-million-dollar commission dispute with a publicly traded entity and obtained a high seven figure settlement on behalf of his clients (the Claimants in a FINRA arbitration)
- Successfully defended (obtained a Defendant’s verdict) on behalf of the CEO of a closely held corporation in a multi-million-dollar “piercing of the corporate veil” suit where the Plaintiff judgment creditor (in the underlying case) sought to impose on his client a multimillion commission dollar judgment previously obtained against the CEO’s former Company.
- Successfully defended two (2) members of a five (5) member partnership against a multimillion dollar claim filed by the other three (3) partners against his clients and their former employer.
- Obtained a judgment for his client, a closely held Company by enforcing a non-solicitation agreement in a suit brought against five (5) former sales people who were found to have wrongfully breached a non-solicitation agreement they signed while working for Pete’s client. Enforced the post-employment restriction and obtained an injunction that kept the former employees from soliciting any of the client’s customers.
- Won a jury verdict and judgment in favor of a former officer of a closely held Company against a claim by his previous employer that he had violated a restrictive covenant, non-solicitation agreement, breached fiduciary duties, and was an “unfaithful agent.” Also obtained a jury verdict and judgment on his client’s counterclaim for commissions owed.
- Successfully defended a commercial real estate LLC and its members against a claim that the entity and individuals “wrongfully foreclosed” on a multimillion dollar commercial property in Buckhead.
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award for publicly traded national home builder against claims of breach of contract and continuous nuisance by multiple homeowner’s in a subdivision built in Georgia, by the builder.
- Successfully obtained a high six figure American Arbitration Association award representing Georgia Builder in breach of contract claim against a purchaser.